Skip to content
- Honolulu PTRC at the Federal Documents Section of the Hawaii State Library has been serving the IP needs of Hawaii’s inventor and business communities for over 32 years since December 1989.
- Emily Dovermann is the current PTRC representative. Our other staff members Ashley Kajioka, Mark Orimoto, and EmelindaCasco are being temporarily reassigned to fill several critical positions in other sections created by retirements following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Although the library has been closed since March 19, 2020, due to COVID-19, we kept our PTRC services available via phone or email, and starting May 26, 2020, also at the library pick-up table in front of the library upon request.
- In April 2021, our PTRC webpage was moved to the library system’s website following the PTRCA’s best practice guidelines, and the page’s traffic has increased steadily since then.
- In preparation of the library’s reopening on February 28, 2022, Mark Orimotocreated a beautiful bulletin board display, Vintage Plant Patent Illustrations.
- On February 1, 2022, we welcomed a new library director, Baron Baroza, who previously served as a manager for the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled.